Wednesday 1 September 2010

Mumford and sons, seahorses and coincidences.



This song is one of the songs that you play to yourself over and over and over again.

Anyway! I was thinking about seahorses, as you do. Note - this has nothing to do with the song. I'm just listening to it at the moment. As most of you know, male seahorses carry the babies to full term and then pop them out one by one.
Nearly two hundred at a time by the way, and we think we have it bad!
Anyway, I was watching a Youtube video of a pregnant seahorse giving birth, and I thought wow. The universe is so complex and so beautiful, that something as weird and as fantastic as this is just a footnote in the human brain. We occasionally think about it and that's it.
Another thing: we never think about why women's menstrual cycles coincide with the moon. I googled it and it's just a coinkydink apparently, but still. Something else fascinating and completely useless.

Where am I going with this?
1) The world is big and beautiful and wonderful in its complexity.
2) Seahorses are really weird. So are women ;)


Definately filing this one under random thoughts.

Emma xxx

Also as another bizarre footnote...I once drew a pregnant seahorse. WHICH IS STUPID BECAUSE SHE WAS A WOMAN AND I WAS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER.

No comments: